January 21, 2009 // 9:48 pm
- Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 blends the over-the-top humor and fast, fluid and fun gameplay the series is known for with exciting new innovations for the RTS genre, including fully co-operative, story driven-campaigns and an unprecedented emphasis on naval gameplay.
Press Release: EA Brings Best-Selling RTS Franchise to the PLAYSTATION 3 for the First Time with Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Ultimate Edition
Red Alert 3 Comes to PS3 This March With a Ton of Extras Including
Exclusive Multiplayer Maps, Over an Hour's Worth of Bonus Videos and More
LOS ANGELES, Jan 21, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) - Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) announced today that the Command & Conquer(TM) Red Alert(TM) 3: Ultimate Edition will be bringing the best-selling Command & Conquer franchise to the PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system for the very first time this March.
The Ultimate Edition includes everything from last year's award-winning release of Command & Conquer(TM) Red Alert(TM) 3, while taking full advantage of the PLAYSTATION 3's Blu-ray disc capacity, offering an extensive array of exclusive bonus content, making the Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Ultimate Edition the ultimate Red Alert 3 experience and an incredible value for PLAYSTATION 3 gamers.
"Our team has been dedicated to bringing the RTS genre to console gamers and we are excited to have this opportunity to introduce PS3 owners to Command & Conquer," said David Seeholzer
, Development Director at EA Los Angeles.
"The PS3 is a very powerful platform, and the extra time we have had in development has helped us create the ultimate console RTS experience, with better graphics, improved performance, a ton of extras and some nice exclusive perks that cannot be found on any other version of Red Alert 3."
PLAYSTATION 3 gamers will navigate the C&C style, action-packed gameplay via the Command Stick 2.0 interface, an intuitive control system that allows gamers of all skill levels to easily and efficiently command their units on the battlefield. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Ultimate Edition also packs in a tremendous amount of bonus content, including:
- Five exciting new multiplayer maps
- Behind the scenes videos and trailers, including Raising the Iron Curtain Documentary, From Pens to Pixels, the Girls of Red Alert 3, Bloopers & Outtakes, the Red Alert 3 Remix and many more!
- PS3 exclusive Command & Conquer TV programming, including PS3-dedicated BattleCast™ PrimeTime and a special episode of Command School focused on tips, tricks and strategies From The development team
- In-depth profiles on all the Red Alert 3 Units
- The Official Red Alert 3 soundtrack
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 also features the franchise's trademark live-action movie sequences starring one of the largest and most talented ensemble casts in the history of video games, including (in alphabetical order) Gemma Atkinson, Gina Carano, Randy Couture, Tim Curry, Kelly Hu, Jenny McCarthy, Jonathan Pryce, Autumn Reeser, J.K. Simmons, Peter Stormare, George Takei, and a special appearance by David Hasselhoff.
The Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Ultimate Edition will ship in March 2009 for the PLAYSTATION 3 and has been rated 'T' for Teen by the ESRB and '16+' by PEGI. For more information about the game, please visit www.commandandconquer.com. Fans of Command & Conquer can continue to get their fix 24 hours a day, seven days a week at Command & Conquer TV, EA's dedicated online Command & Conquer network that goes beyond the Game and brings players all the latest news, tips and strategies.