December 10, 2013 // 4:17 pm
- HumaNature Studios Founder Greg Johnson
announced that Doki-Doki Universe is officially out today on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita platforms.
To quote: Yay! Doki-Doki Universe is out today for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita on PlayStation Store. Woohoo! Sorry, got a little too excited, there. We'll be livestreaming Doki-Doki Universe later today, so be sure to follow the official PlayStation Twitch channel
- you might win a code for the full game.
To get the ultimate Doki-Doki Universe experience, you can download our Limited Edition Mega Awesome Deluxe Bundle (our LEMADB, or Limited Edition for short) starting today.
This includes all launch content - the story mode, personality quizzes, and Doki Doki Mail - plus two packs, two quiz packs, and nine mail packs, and a bonus dynamic theme which is only available in this bundle. It only costs $24.99.
And thanks to the cross buy support, when you purchase it once on PlayStation Store, you'll be able to download it for free on any other available PlayStation system.
You can alternatively download the Doki-Doki Universe Starter Pack, which by the way, is free! Great for those who want to get a feel for our bizarre, yet adorable universe. There's also, of course, the Full Game, which is $14.99, and includes the most important bit: the story mode.
There are also all kinds of downloadable packs available on the store today, so you can cater your gaming experience a bit more - story packs ($1.99), quiz packs ($1.49), and deko packs ($1.99).
Before you get to downloading, I've put together a few insider bits of information to get you started.
• In Doki-Doki, you get presents from everyone you meet. But, if they won't give you one when you're being nice, you can fling them in the air or pound them into the ground.
• You get to ride around space on a giant, flying poo. Or a slice of cheese, or a flying whale, etc...
• You have a therapist named Dr. Therapist on your home planet that calls you up on the phone when he has something new to tell you about yourself. Well, not your real phone.
• You can collect four or five hundred different things, like a T-Rex or a Duck on a teeter totter... and make them magically appear whenever you want. Everyone will react to them when you do, which is its own form of entertainment.
• The people you meet on each world will send you letters as you play the game. These all have fun animations in them that you can read in your Doki-Doki Mail box.
• Your guide, Alien Jeff, is a little bit of a jerk sometimes, but you'll find out he's not quite what he seems.
• You can tilt the world and make everybody fall down. But don't get carried away with your power unless you don't want people to like you very much!
• Super-secret tip: If you're ever looking for some dolphins for a certain cactus, they happen to be behind an ancient temple pillar.
After you've had a chance to play, tell us what you love (or don't love) about it right here. We really hope you enjoy playing Doki-Doki Universe!