January 23, 2009 // 10:41 pm
- On February 6th, PS3 owners of Burnout Paradise will be able to download a free patch that adds a whole lot of content. To quote:
• In-Game Store (PS3/PC only) - An in-game browser will connect to the "Criterion Games Network." From here, you'll be able to see all the game's updates and purchase any of the upcoming premium DLC.
• Tweaked vehicle handling - The earlier cars are now tweaked to be easier for newcomers to use. "These cars are now slower, harder to crash and less likely to spin out at low speeds."
• Junkyard sorting - You'll be able to compare the stats of cars, and you'll be able to filter out cars, bikes, and upcoming DLC vehicles.
• Stunt Run timer changed - Stunt Run will now have a different timer that starts much slower than before. This allows beginners more wiggle room to start a combo. Experts will still be challenged: the larger your combo, the faster the timer runs out.
• Events rebalanced - All events have been modified to accommodate the new car speeds.
• Road Rage tweaked - Players no longer get additional time once they reach the target score. This is great, because we usually intentionally crash in order to end this mode.
• Enhanced visuals - In-game items, like billboards and smashes, are now easier to spot. The lighting has been tweaked to be "more vibrant." Driving at night will be easier.
• Restart - Yes, you can restart races now.
• Easier barrel rolls - Barrel rolls are now automatic. However, to do more than one at a time, you'll have to use the analog sticks.
The upcoming premium DLC packs (Party, Toy Cars, Legendary Cars) add additional Trophies into the game as follows:
• Every player succeeds in every Party Game- Awarded upon completing a Party in which every player successfully completes every Game of every Round.
• Complete a Small Party- Awarded when 2-4 players have completed a Party.
• Complete a Big Party- Awarded when 5-7 players have completed a Party.
• Complete a Massive Party- Awarded when 8 players have completed an 8 Round Party.
• Survive a Marked Man in the Extreme Hot Rod- Awarded for winning any Offline Marked Man driving the Extreme Hot Rod
• Complete a Timed Challenge using all 3 Boost types in the Hawker Mech- Awarded when you complete any Timed Challenge driving the Hawker Mech having used all 3 boost types
• Win a Race in a Toy Car- Awarded for winning any Offline Race driving any of the Toy Cars
• Complete a Bike Timed Challenge using the Toy Bike- Awarded when you complete any Timed Challenge using the Toy Bike
• Every player succeeds in a Party Round- Awarded when every player successfully completes a Party Round.
• Complete your 1st Party Round- Awarded when you complete the 1st Round of your 1st Party.
• Every player take a photo for a Party- Awarded when every player in a Party takes a photo of themselves. Requires a USB camera to be connected.
• Win a Stunt Run in the P12 88 Special- Awarded for winning any Offline Stunt Run driving the P12 88 Special
• Light up the Manhattan Spirit during an Online Challenge- Awarded for using the flashing lights of the Manhattan Spirit during an Online Freeburn Challenge or Timed Challenge
• Score a Boost Chain of x3 in the GT Nighthawk- Awarded for achieving a Boost Chain of x3 driving the GT Nighhawk
• Sound the horn on a Silver Lake Super Jump in the Cavalry Bootlegger- Awarded for sounding the horn and successfully landing a Super Jump in Silver Lake driving the Cavalry Bootlegger
• Barrel Roll a Toy Car in the Airfield- Awarded for successfully landing a Barrel Roll in the Airfield driving any of the Toy Cars