01-24-2012 #1nathanr3269 Guest
PS3 PUP Unpacker & Decrypter v2.2 Homebrew App Arrives
I have done this PS3 PUP Unpacker & Decrypter v2.2 homebrew application tool (basically is an script that use other tools) a long time ago for easily unpacking a PlayStation 3 PUP file for those who don't know how. This works on Cygwin and Ubuntu (not CMD windows)
Download: PS3 PUP Unpacker & Decrypter v2.2 Homebrew App
You can choose what to do with this tool, like Unpack PUP, decrypt SELF files, etc... (see README for info):
PUP Unpacker & Decrypter v2.2
THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS PROCESS, NOTHING ELSE
v1.0 - Initial release
v1.1 - Added more tasks
v1.2 - Keys bug fixed
v1.3 - Fixed bug on folders
- Added options menu in help screen
- "pup_PD.exe" modified, now can unpack "spkg_hdr.tar" and "ps3swu2.self" files on 3.56+ PUP
- Added function to decrypt "index.dat"
- Added function to unpack RCO files
- Added function to unpack and convert VAG to WAV files
v2.2 - Added function to decrypt and unpack Core_OS
What we can do automatically with this program?
- Unpack PUP
- Decrypt TAR/PKG/SELF
- Decrypt index.dat
- Decrypt Core_OS
- Unpack Core_OS
- Unpack decrypted TAR/PKG
- Unpack RCO files
- Unpack and decrypt VAG to WAV files
PUP Unpacker & Decrypter v2.2 By Evilnat
Usage: pup_unpacker.exe [OPTION] filename.pup directory
Example: pup_unpacker.exe -all PS3UPDAT.PUP OFW355
Options (ONLY CHOOSE ONE):
[Register or Login to view code]
1) Unpack folder of RAR on your home directory in Cygwin (C:\cygwin\home\XXXX\Unpacker)
2) Copy PS3UPDAT.PUP file you want in it
3) Open Cygwin's console and enter the folder
4) And type: (OFW_355 is an example, you can change this)
./pup_unpacker.exe [OPTION] PS3UPDAT.PUP OFW_355
[ Example: ./pup_unpacker.exe -all PS3UPDAT.PUP OFW_355 ]
5) Now depending what option you had choosen the executable will do it all automatically
All is done, "dev_decrypted_unpacked" folders contain self decrypted files
This program requires certain exe files and PS3 keys that are included in RAR, DON'T DELETE THEM. If an error occurs it will stop automatically, showing what has happened. Hope this helps someone
Thanks to: KaKaRoTo, Waninkoko, Geohot, Team Overflow, and more DEVS.
I hope this helps anyone. If you see any error or bug please contact me.
More PlayStation 3 News...
01-24-2012 #2Ezio Guest
Another good tool from nathanr3269, it's useful for who isn't able to unpack a pup. Excellent work!
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
01-24-2012 #4ps3hen Guest
01-24-2012 #5NTA Guest
Good stuff. Just happen to have ubuntu installed lol
01-24-2012 #6nathanr3269 Guest
Works in Cygwin in Windows
01-24-2012 #7Sostanco Guest
really nice release! thx
01-26-2012 #8Mosy Guest
hey with this can you create your own cfw on any firmware and on 4.0 ? reply mate thanks i'm really interested in making my own
01-27-2012 #9nathanr3269 Guest
This program only unpack/decrypt files of PUP (any, but for SELF/SPRX files of 3.60+ you need that keys), it don't modifiy PUP file and repack again
I'm working in a new APP that modify a PUP file, spoof files and then repack all in a new PUP
01-28-2012 #10WTF Name Guest
i have a quick try on the program , and i have the following error:
PUP Unpacker & Decrypter v2.2
Selected Mode: Unpack/Decrypt entire PUP (All Mode)
- Unpacking PUP file...
- Unpacking update_files.tar...
- Decrypting PKG files...
- Unpacking PKG files...
- Decrypting UPL.xml.pkg...
- Decrypting CORE_OS_PACKAGE.pkg...
- Unpacking CORE_OS_PACKAGE.pkg...
- Decrypting ps3swu.self...
- Decrypting SELF files of CORE_OS...
- Decrypting default.spp...
perror: No error
header decryption failed
the OFW i used is 4.0+ ( just download from $ony)
i know the above say that i need the key to decrypt it , but :
1) if a PS3 is at 3.55CFW, it can upgrade to 4.0+ of course.
2) 3.55CFW should not have key of 4.0+
3) but the PS3 unit should work , and so is that key = this key ? as required to unpack 4.0+ PUP ?
thanks all , i know this is hard to have all these work done ~ great job ~