Sponsored Links

PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

+ Reply to Thread

Sponsored Links!

Will a UMD Movie upgrade my firmware?

Sponsored Links
    I just bought a UMD Movie and I want to make sure it won't update my firmware.

Thanks,
    Tray.

No, nothing will update your firmware without telling you first. You will never have your firmware updated without you knowing about it. There are only 2-3 games (not sure if Dead to Rights has it) games in the US that update firmware, and that's only to 1.5 anyway.

-Matt

Thanks Guys, Never can be too safe!!!

Didn't the first US units ship with 1.5? Or do you mean the Jap one forces the update?

Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition and also Dead to Rights upgrade your firmware to 1.5.
    Yes, the US units shipped with 1.5, so the update is only for the 1.0 (JP) models.

tray262 was asking about umd movies not games didnt know movies would force you to update before you can watch them

yeah there is an update bypass now anyway. Anyone confirmed this to work yet?

+ Reply to Thread

Sponsored Links