Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

OldDude Guest

What to do with Fat PSP 1001?

It's been great fun to play psp games few years ago. No I didn't saw any new great game because of Vita. I'm owner of slim ps3 and slim ps2. My second-half loves to play ps3, loved to play at ps2 too. The psp is cover now with dust.

Last time I used it it was when Dark_Alex introduced 5.00 M33-6, and PSOne Classic become playable. I didn't sell it because I was thinking it could be a usefull but since then nothing changed. It has less RAM than current PSP, can't be connected to TV (which is super not-cool)

I was thinking of making it a EMUConsole, PSX + GB + s/NES + MAME and other... is there a better use of it now? (when I own ps2 and ps3 and decent PC?) I just readed about prometheus project and the "online servers adhoc" but saw that it not compatible with PSP 1001...

I can confirm that Its in great shape But sadly the DC connector is little lossy so if i turn him 90 degree it wont charge PSP, minor problem. I know few games like grand turismo used PSP as add on (like inside mirror) ?

moja Guest
    Hmm, perhaps update it to 6.60ME and enjoy some of the customization homebrews and/or newer games? I actually had a PSP-2000, but gave that to a friend who broke his. I still have my launch phat though, and keep it around for travel.

I think the last time I played it was to go through Final Fantasy 2 for the first time. Good times. I'm still partial to my phat, so I'll hold on to it for a while longer.

OldDude Guest
    Any good games that I would enjoy will be playable thanks to 6.60ME ?