Today CVG has uncovered a PlayView device trademark registered by Sony Computer Entertainment through the US Patents and Trademarks Office, which may hint at the PSP2 which reportedly features a touch screen and is rumored to be announced at E3 2010.Sponsored Links
Citing excerpts from the PlayView trademark:
- 'Portable electronic device for receiving and reading text and images and sound through wireless Internet access and for displaying electronically published materials, namely, books, journals, newspapers, magazines, multimedia presentations.'
- 'Computer game software recorded on optical discs';
- 'Computer software for transmitting, sharing, receiving, downloading, displaying and transferring content, text, visual works, audio works, audiovisual works, literary works, data, files, documents and electronic works via video game machines and Hand-held games with liquid crystal displays';
- 'Video game machines with television for personal use'.
- 'Retail store services in the field of electronic games, videos, electronic publications and music.'
- 'Information providing devices, namely, computer terminals with encrypting software for transmission of messages via the internet web site and e-mail communication' and 'telephone apparatus.'
To quote from CVG: "Maybe - just maybe, remember - 'PSP2' does everything. It's an e-reader, email provider, word processor, mobile phone and games machine in one."
More PlayStation 3 News...