Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Sony introduces 16GB Memory Stick Duo for $300

Sony is reportedly finally launching the 16GB Memory Stick Duo in March with a retail price of $300 slapped on it.

To quote from the link above: Sony's finally getting really, really serious about the Memory Stick. The company is launching a hefty 16GB version of its loved / hated MS Duo.

There's not much else. It's a Memory Stick Duo. It's 16GB. It will be available in March for $300.

Enjoy!

Sony introduces 16GB Memory Stick Duo for $300

More PlayStation 3 News...

With 8gb sony duos at $85, will be waiting for that price to drop a lot before buying.

300$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    when 160gb launch , maybe i can buy 16gb !!!!!!

thats crazy amounts of storage space. but i'll have to wait for the $300 price tag. i'll just settle for a 4gb.

Does anybody know if there is a maximum size limit of mem pro duo that the PSP will recognize?

I think that the compatibility will change through firmware updates, because Sony is making large sizes of memory sticks and it would be lame if it didn't work on PSP

Quote Originally Posted by chanakber View Post
    I think that the compatibility will change through firmware updates, because Sony is making large sizes of memory sticks and it would be lame if it didn't work on PSP
    correct! The newer firmwares handle more memcard space than the older ones though nobody knows how much the PSP's memcard controller can handle...

There is a limit of 32 GB i think on the memory card side at this moment! and it's limited by hardware not by software it think this is the maximum they will ever go!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimebenlasnow View Post
    There is a limit of 32 GB i think on the memory card side at this moment! and it's limited by hardware not by software it think this is the maximum they will ever go!
    Not sure about that, they released new firmware to support 8gb ages ago.

better we waith 1-2 GB and the price going down$! maybe comming sandisk with 16GB too

Page 1 of 2 12 Last