Following up on our previous article, today VG247.com (linked above) has reported that Sony's upcoming PSP2 will feature a touch-screen and two cameras.
As part of their E3 2010 reveal, the following details have currently surfaced on the PlayStation Portable 2, to quote:
- Multiple British sources have confirmed that PSP2 NDAs have been in place at publishers and developers for many months.
- PSP2 has two cameras, one forward and one backward facing.
- It has a touch-screen, but apparently it has retained the trademark physical PlayStation buttons.
- UK sources were previously working towards a "2010? release. This is now "2011?.
- One source would be "amazed" if there was any kind of physical media involved. We've been told it "could" be 3G-enabled, as opposed to the WiFi-only PSP go. This bit was sketchy.
- Multiple PSP2 games are being made in Britain right now. Some have even already been canned.
- There have been "finished units" in the UK, but we haven't spoken to anyone that's seen a final case.
- When asked directly about reveal timing, one source said, "If the games were aiming for end 2010, beginning 2011, and now it's a 2011 release, I'd say a gamescom or TGS announce for launch early next year".
- One source told us the machine is based on a four-core Cell CPU. PS3 runs on an eight-core version.
More PlayStation 3 News...