Hellcat has released an update to Recovery Flasher, a custom firmware compatible utility that allow users to perform various maintenance tasks on their PSP, from restoring flash-based content (PS Store license data, theme files) to fully re-installing 3.71 or 4.01 M33 firmware without the need of Pandora.
Download: Recovery Flasher v1.20 for PSP
Version 1.20 is a fairly minor release, adding a low battery indicator and a simple file browser that allows users to boot homebrew applications located in PSP/GAME from within the recovery menu. Additionally, when re-installing M33 firmware, the version string contained in the update EBOOT used is now checked for safety precautions.
* can now install 4.01-M33-2 as well
* installs 3.71-M33-4 now instead of plain 3.71-M33
* comes now with an additional .ELF binary to be used from a Pandora stick (up to DDCv5, on v6 you can use the EBOOT version)
* added a simlple filebrowser like thing for launching additional apps from /PSP/GAME
* added option to override "battery low" warning
* added version check of the updater .PBP used for FW extraction More PlayStation 3 News...
A quick update: Recovery Flasher version 1.21 is now available for download. As you’d expect, it’s a very minor release, adding support for locating updater files in both the recovery folder and root directory of the memory stick.