PSPgo and PSP Minis List with Pricing is Now Available
Today Sony's Hardware Marketing Director John Koller has officially announced that the PSPgo is available, complete with a list of PSP Minis and pricing below.
To quote: We've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new PSPgo and today it's finally here. PSPgo is now available in "Piano Black" and "Ceramic White" at all major retailers in North America for $249.99 (MSRP).
In addition to its sleek, pocket-sized design with sliding screen, the launch of PSPgo marks the first time in the industry that complete, full-length portable games will be available in an all digital format.
With the strongest software lineup ever available on the PSP platform in 2009, there's no better time to pick-up the sleekest, most portable handheld entertainment device on the market.
When we launched the PSP-1000 in 2005, it was clear that there was a huge demand for not only a great portable gaming system, but a complete portable entertainment device. Since then, the PSP has sold more than 15 million units in North America and 53 million units worldwide - that's no small feat!
We've taken great strides to listen to your feedback and make improvements to the PSP system along the way, including a smaller, lighter form-factor (PSP-2000) and brighter, more vibrant LCD and built-in microphone (PSP-3000). Now, with the launch of PSPgo, we've taken the best portable handheld gaming device and made it even more suited for the mobile lifestyle.
To coincide with the launch of PSPgo, we'll have a lot of great, new content available on the PlayStation Network . From highly anticipated first-party titles such as Gran Turismo and MotorStorm Arctic Edge to some of the best known franchises from our publishing partners, virtually all PSP titles going forward will be available on the PlayStation Store to download anytime, anywhere via Wi-Fi, your PC (via Media Go) or through your PlayStation 3. You'll also have a huge number of new and exclusive game and video content to download from the PlayStation Store, including:
- PlayStation Network exclusives such as PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe (available today), Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake and LocoRoco 2: Midnight Carnival
- Bite-sized "minis," such as Tetris and Fieldrunners, ideal for quick gameplay sessions on-the-go
- More than 150 titles previously released on UMD Legacy titles such as God of War: Chains of Olympus, Madden NFL 10, Soulcaliber Broken Destiny, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
- More than 60 PS one Classics titles including Final Fantasy 7 and Metal Gear Solid
- More than 2,300 movies and 13,000 TV shows from major studios and content partners
- The recently introduced PlayStation Network Game Cards, which give you an additional option to purchase your favorite digital games at retail, will also be available starting today at participating retailers.
In addition, the PSPgo system will have a number of peripherals available at retail to compliment your entertainment needs.
- Memory Stick Micro M2 - Amp up your memory capacity and save even more games, videos, music and photos
- Cradle - Dock your PSPgo system to charge it, sync content with your PC or use video-out to view on a big screen
- Carrying Case - Store and protect your PSPgo system with stylish, durable carrying cases
- Screen Protective Film - Save the ultra-crisp LCD screen from surface scratches
- In-ear Headset - Listen to games, movies, and music with this premium quality headset
- Use with DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller and Bluetooth Headset - Use PSPgo with these PS3 peripherals
- AV Cables - Enjoy games and videos stored on your 16GB flash memory on the big screen
- AC Adaptor and Car Adaptor - Charge your PSPgo at home or in the car
As we mentioned before, included with the PSPgo system is a voucher to download a starter version of MTV Games' Rock Band Unplugged from PlayStation Store. You'll also receive a demo of Patapon 2 pre-loaded onto the system's memory, along with an interactive ESRB application that explains ESRB Ratings and Content Descriptors and provides instructional videos on how to setup the PSPgo's parental controls.
We're extremely excited for you to try out the newest addition to the PSP family. Don't forget to update your firmware upon purchase to ensure your system has the latest and greatest. As always, let us know your thoughts and enjoy!