10-21-2009 #1Rubnig Guest
PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-D is Now Available
PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-D is now live! Only for PSP 1000 and PSP-2000 V1 and V2.
Download: PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-D
- All features of 5.50GEN-B2 are avaible
- Ability to run 5.51 + games without having to patch it (UMD or ISO)
- Possibility to launch PSN demos requiring 5.51 + without having to patch them (as MGS for example)
- Possibility to connect to the Playstation Store by the using of MEDIAGO, to retrieve games and goodies without having to install Fake USB or other complicated stuff.
- Possibility to use the XGEN Updater to install the official firmware
- 6.10 (use it only if you have a Pandora XGEN to be able to return later in Custom firmware)
- 480x272 AVC Videos are supported
- Option to accelerate the reading of MS is going to be ported to 5.50GEN
More PlayStation 3 News...
10-21-2009 #2y2kkingboy Guest
this might be a nobe question. if I've bought a new PSP 2000 (if it's still in stores), do i have to just download this file and install it on the PSP to be able for example play FF7. because my PSP 1000 just broke and I'm wondering is it still easy to do it on 2000's as it was on 1000's.
10-22-2009 #3Nairb Guest
Y2King, you need ChickHEN R2, CFW 5.00 m33-6, GEN-A*, GEN-B and GEN-D.
You must have OFW 5.03 for this to work.
in order to do this on a PSP 2000 you need to install all the above. Then load up ChickHEN R2, then load up 5.00 m33-6 then load GEN-A. Then you need to update to GEN-B then update to GEN-D.
*IMPORTANT: make sure you have the correct version of GEN-A. There is a version for V3+ motherboard and a version for the V1/V2 motherboard. If you do not get the correct on you WILL brick your PSP.
Side Note: If you were using ChickHEN R2 and Custom Firmware Enabler V 3.6 you must run Hellcat's recovery flasher. (something that I had to do)
If you don't understand, google is your friend.
10-22-2009 #4Meginus Guest
sucks that i have to redo all my settings again like remote play and network connections... other than that good job guys and thanks! now if only remote play would work again from via internet...
10-23-2009 #5Neo Cyrus Guest
5.50 GEN-D2 is coming soon according to their forums. Here is the information given:
5.50GEN-D2 Quick Updater By Yoshihiro and Team Gen.
There the fixe for the update 5.50 GEN-D2
1 : Fix Wlan TKIP in game loop : pes 2009 , fifa , motorstorm , GTA cw ect....
2 : Fix Video Output With 5.5X and 6.X Games like GTA Chinatowns War
3 : Fixed recovery menu with make Pandora and make battery normal
4 : removed splash screen http://www.pspgen.com but you have another spash screen in red color for let you know if the decrypter work.
10-23-2009 #6IHM Guest
Upgraded from m33-6, works like a charm
10-25-2009 #7baldeagle072 Guest
This is definitely a noob question. How do I know what PSP I have? (PSP 1000, 2000, etc.)
10-26-2009 #8jiboias24 Guest
I am a owner of a PSP and a PS3. What's the deal with the connection between these two game consoles?
They both have wi-fi, right?
Is it possible to stream video through 'em?
10-26-2009 #9xkilla Guest
i also Upgraded from m33-6, works like a charm