PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-C is Now Available!
The follow-up to PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-B is now officially released, namely PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-C!
Download: PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-C
This update allows you to install and enjoy all the games that requires FW 5.55 and 6.00 without having to patch anything.
Things you have to take note of:
- This CFW is for PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 v1 and v2 ONLY
- The 5.03HEN-A will be updated shortly with the same opportunities
Roughly translated changelog:
- Ability to run 5.51 + games without having to patch (UMD or ISO)
- Ability to run protected games like Soul Calibur or FMA example (UMD or ISO)
- To launching PSN demos requiring 5.51 + without having to patch them as AMS
- Connection via PSN MEDIAGO without having to install complicated utility (option in beta yet)
- Possibility to use the XGEN Updater to install the official firmware 6.10 (For use only if you have a Pandora XGEN handy to be able to return later in Custom firmware.
- IRShell can no longer launch ISO patch but the patch will be released in a few minutes
- Video playback 480x272 raises concerns but a fix is being studied.
- The option to accelerate the reading of MS is being ported to 5.50GEN.
More PlayStation 3 News...
I would like to comment that there are reports of games not working any more and freezings happening with this update.
You've been warned so use at your own risk.
One final thing to report, it seems the GEN team is working on GEN-D now to fix all the bugs in GEN-C.
thanks for the heads up. i was gonna get it but decided to wait for gen-d.
Tried the update and it bricked my 2000. Used pandora and fixed it fine. Just not happy with this update.
Too many people with damaged psp. Bad work gen!
They announced that an update is coming soon to fix the reported problems. Hope they can make something good this time around.