- Join Date
- Apr 2005
PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-C is Now Available!
The follow-up to PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-B is now officially released, namely PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-C!
Download: PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-C
This update allows you to install and enjoy all the games that requires FW 5.55 and 6.00 without having to patch anything.
Things you have to take note of:
- This CFW is for PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 v1 and v2 ONLY
- The 5.03HEN-A will be updated shortly with the same opportunities
Roughly translated changelog:
- Ability to run 5.51 + games without having to patch (UMD or ISO)
- Ability to run protected games like Soul Calibur or FMA example (UMD or ISO)
- To launching PSN demos requiring 5.51 + without having to patch them as AMS
- Connection via PSN MEDIAGO without having to install complicated utility (option in beta yet)
- Possibility to use the XGEN Updater to install the official firmware 6.10 (For use only if you have a Pandora XGEN handy to be able to return later in Custom firmware.
- IRShell can no longer launch ISO patch but the patch will be released in a few minutes
- Video playback 480x272 raises concerns but a fix is being studied.
- The option to accelerate the reading of MS is being ported to 5.50GEN.
More PlayStation 3 News...
10-19-2009 #2Nairb Guest
I would like to comment that there are reports of games not working any more and freezings happening with this update.
You've been warned so use at your own risk.
10-19-2009 #3Neo Cyrus Guest
One final thing to report, it seems the GEN team is working on GEN-D now to fix all the bugs in GEN-C.
10-19-2009 #4imdbowlgod Guest
thanks for the heads up. i was gonna get it but decided to wait for gen-d.
10-19-2009 #5jabmaster2 Guest
Tried the update and it bricked my 2000. Used pandora and fixed it fine. Just not happy with this update.
10-19-2009 #6chitalov85 Guest
Too many people with damaged psp. Bad work gen!
10-19-2009 #7netpredakonn Guest
They announced that an update is coming soon to fix the reported problems. Hope they can make something good this time around.