PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-B is Now Available!
Roughly six months after PSP Custom Firmware 5.02 GEN-A was released comes the next update, namely PSP CFW 5.50 GEN-B!
Download: PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-B
To quote from the changelog, roughly translated:
- A PSP1000 or PSP2000 with TA-088v2 or below and PSP2000 with TA-090v1 Motherboard only (PSP2000 with TA-088v3 and all PSP3000 are not supported)
- A PSP with Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-A already installed
Changes in 5.50 GEN-B:
- The bug that prevented disabling the VSH Menu has been resolved.
- The select button can either start the Recovery (Recovery in VSH), the VSH Menu (default) or
do nothing at all (for those who use the remote play between PSP and PS3)
- Updated network off M33
- Jo Evangelion The game can be launched.
- Pandora options are available in the VSH menu and Recovery
- Option Flash1 Format: adding a check that prevents the Flash1 format if it is in VSH.
- 3 new functions in the VSH Menu, as follows:
- Shutdown device (turn off)
- Make Normal Battery (convert battery to normal mode)
- Make Pandora Battery (convert battery to service mode)
Features of Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-B:
- All functions of the official 5.50 firmware
- The [Information Board] has been added under [PlayStation Network]
Those of you who have a PS3 should be familiar with this feature, which displays news and updates from SCEE in the upper right corner of the screen. You can now obtain information about the games ahead of the new content available on the Playstation Store, and other news from your PSP even if you are connected to WiFi. Note that on PS3, this feature is disabled by most users as it is accused of slowing down the connection and the console.
- Support for Internet security service provided by Trend Micro has been added to [Internet Browser]
- End Micro Web Security: use technology to block access to malicious sites that can steal personal information and confidential -
- Trend Micro Kid's Safety: You can block access to websites with inappropriate content.
- Icon [Internet Search] has been added to the menu bar of your browser. Was it really necessary?
- In the menu option of the game [XMB], you can now perform an Internet search using the name of the game as a keyword. By selecting the icon of the game and then pressing triangle and selecting [Internet Search] in the options menu allows you to get search results based on the name of the game This feature also comes from the PS3 or she appeared with the update 2.70.
- It is now possible to see an additional level of hierarchy under [Photo] [Music] and [Video]
- It is now possible to create and access sub-folders in the folders Music, video and photo. More seriously missing.
- Launch of UMDs to ISOs to CSOs and demos require firmware 5.50 or below
- Launch homebrews
- Launch of PS1 games (converted to PSP)
- Access to Recovery mode (adjusts the processor speed of the PSP, FLASH access, use plug-ins etc.).
- Getting a VSH Menu
- The Recovery menu and VSH functions have "Pandora creation option"
- The Recovery menu and VSH can be access using SELECT Button
- Access to PlayStation Network (network play) and the PlayStation Store is possible.
More PlayStation 3 News...
Very good input, I see much better than the M33, I think he has a good effect on my 5.00-6 M33 FAT.
OK - need some advice here guys (or gals) - since yesterday I've tried TWICE to put 5.50 GEN-5 on my 1003 PSP over the 5.00 M33-6 and in both cases I've ended up with semi-bricked PSP (black screen after 5.50 update / reboot) and needed to use Pandora to get back to 5.00 ...
What I'm doing wrong here? This is the first time I'm NOT able to put new custom FW on PSP ...
07-02-2009 #4Banned User
- Join Date
- May 2006
Did you have the 5.50GEN-A already installed ?
You need GEN-A installed after install GEN-B Update... Works ok, I flashed a couple of minutes ago.
07-02-2009 #7Banned User
- Join Date
- May 2006
This is beast
Frenchies are good custom firmware makers!
this is awesome and for the psp 3000 nothing
I cant use homebrew applictions that have two folders (Folder and Folder%) such as uo_YDICT.