Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

PS Vita Vita-8 (Chip-8) Emulator, FTPVita PSVita Homebrew WIP by Xerpi

Despite Sony blocking the Rejuvenate Exploit through their PS Vita Firmware 3.52 update, PlayStation Vita developer xerpi has released a VitaHelloWorld sample and now a PS Vita Vita-8 (Chip-8) Emulator with FTPVita for PSVita homebrew as a work-in-progress (WIP) below.

Downloads: vitahelloworld.velf / vitahelloworld_fixup.elf / VitaHelloWorld GIT / FTPVita.velf / FTPVita_fixup.elf / FTPVita.velf / FTPVita GIT / VITA-8.velf / VITA-8_fixup.elf / VITA-8.velf / VITA-8 GIT / psp2sdk-master.zip / 173210's Open-Source SDK GIT

From SMOKE587: Vita Chip-8 emulator by xerpi playing #Pong

FTPVita - FTP Server for the PSVita.

Compiling Prerequisites:
    • arm gcc (devkitARM r44 for example)
    • psp2sdk

Once all the prerequisites have been met, you can compile this homebrew by typing:

[Register or Login to view code]

Credits:

Thanks to yifanlu for Rejuvenate and UVLoader Thanks to 173210 and everybody who contributed to psp2sdk. Thanks to Cirne and everybody who contributed to vita-toolchain. Also thanks to everybody who has helped me on #vitadev

Does anyone plan to get a PS Vita with the ability to now use PSVita homebrew, would you if a PlayStation Vita iSO Loader was released, or are you not too interested in Sony's latest handheld console?

Please share your thoughts in the comments below, as based on the interest level we'll determine whether to cover PS Vita homebrew updates in our Site news or not. Thanks!

More PlayStation Vita News...

ccphuc Guest
    Thank you very much

misiozol Guest
    Hopefully we will see more steady progress , shame $ony screw up developers and played with their money closing psm dev , some ppl invested lot of money in some projects.

hungqdinh Guest
    yes this means i can jailbreak my psvita. this is a good news to psvita users.

NorcalGaming Guest

Smile

This is gonna be nice

ciby Guest
    Very nice! I'd like to use it

fichin82 Guest
    yeah, this would be cool bro

evilbawang Guest

Thumbs Up

Yes please! I updated my PS Vita after getting bored with the PSP emulator hacks. Now I want to see more action with this great but unlove handheld console.

gregdaleg Guest
    I hated the vita. It was a dead console within a month. Sure homebrew may "revive" the vita a little. But the vita sucked.

kwt0728 Guest
    Thanks, seeking this file please.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last