New system, same routine.
I announced this update a week or 2 weeks ago (don't remember)
Just to give some information about it.
1.52 PS VITA
- Fix bug issues
- Fix encryption backup
- Update internal CMA (add security system and transfer files)
- Update MIPS Variant (supposed to be emu PSP)
- Add new entry/plugin for the remote play (bigger update later about it)
You missed out the standard (usually missing from sony release notes too) security hole patch.
Sony will keep everything secret about the security things or other stuff that the people don't need to know
Wasn't it actually 1.51 as it was released around that time?
Since reporting on his last flaw uncovered, PlayStation Vita hacker SKFU has found a few new vulnerabilities in Sony's PS Vita handheld gaming system.
To quote via wololo: Few hours ago, developer SKFU (known for his work on the PS3, but also recently for some investigations on the Vita security) posted a screenshot of his Vita showing some HTML in what is supposed to usually show official messages from Sony’s updates or packages.
Knowing SKFU's passion for everything network-related, I'm assuming he's doing some tests using some local DNS changes... or maybe he managed to put some of his own files in an official package? That would be exciting.
In previous tweets this week, he mentioned he found 2 potentially usable vulnerabilities on the Vita
VITA is back to life, since last tweet found 2 new possibile vulnerabilities. If it runs good, news in blog this evening!
That was, however, 2 days ago, and his blog wasn’t updated since then, so I’m assuming he ran into a few issues. (the “back to life” comment refers to the official 1.52 firmware which bricked his Vita…or appeared to do so... which turned out to be that the battery had to charge for almost 24 hours before the Vita accepting to turn on, for some reason)
Obviously lots of this experimentation will probably not lead to anything, but for now, every bit on info on the internals of the Vita is interesting. Let’s keep digging
Also from SKFU (linked above) is an update on the recent PlayStation Vita 1.52 Firmware status below, as follows:
Ok guys we tested the possibilities on firmware 1.52 for a few days now. What I can confirm is the following:
- Tech4's exploit still works
- Wololo's HBL still works
- Everything I research atm didn't change from 1.50 to 1.52
If that is fine for you, there's no reason not to update. Anyways, I have to mention that this can change without a firmware upgrade!
If you are online with your PS VITA, it can download and install silent updates for any application which runs in usermode and has nothing to do with system critical modules.
The good is, those updates are removed once the system is restored to the current firmware, so it would not be a major problem to remove a fix.
More PlayStation 3 News...
I hope a couple of exploits are kept secret until we actually can buy the damn thing.
(Not talking about import ....)
Indeed, at least he didn't reveal them specifically. I hope the launch firmware isn't very high for the US.
Last edited by Prince Valiant; 01-22-2012 at 01:21 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the US launch saw an even later firmware (1.6?). Hopefully the scene for Vita stays motivated and finds some reliable homebrew.
• PlayStation 4 & PS4 News
• PS4 Guides & Tutorials
• PS4 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS4 Videos
• PlayStation 3 & PSN News
• PS3 Guides & Tutorials
• PS3 CFW & MFW
• PS3 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS3 / PSN Game Releases NFO List
• PS3 Reviews
• PS3 Themes
• PS3 Trophies
• PS3 Videos
• PSP & PS Vita News
• PS Vita Trophies
• Site & Gaming Console News
PS3 Backup Game Managers
• GameSonic PS3 Manager Updates
• Hybrid Manager PS3 Updates
• IrisMAN PS3 Manager Updates
• Iris Manager PS3 Manager Updates
• MultiMAN PS3 Manager Updates
PS3 CFW (Custom Firmware)
• DARKNET PS3 CFW Updates
• Ferrox PS3 CFW Updates
• Habib PS3 CFW Updates
• Prometheus PS3 CFW Updates
• PS3ITA PS3 CFW Updates
• Rebug PS3 CFW Updates
• Rogero PS3 CFW Updates
• Sky PS3 CFW Updates
• Starz PS3 CFW Updates
PS3 Homebrew Apps
• Movian PS3 Media Center
• PS3 CCAPI (ControlConsoleAPI)
• PS3 NOR & NAND Patcher Updates
• PS3Xport / PeXploit Updates
• No PSN / NoPSN Patch Updates
• PSNDL / PSNDL v2 Updates
• PSNPatch / PSN Patch Updates
• PSNStuff+ / PSNStuffX Updates
• PSN / SEN Enabler & Disabler Updates
• TrueAncestor PS3 Tools Updates
• WebMAN Mod Plugin Updates
• Yutolio's PSN Database Updates
PS3 MFW (Modified Firmware)
• PS3 CFW Creator / PS3MFW UI
• PS3MFW Builder / Our MFW Updates
• Ideas or Suggestions to Add?