Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

PlayStation Store Bug?

We are all happy with the new PlayStation Store for the PC (http://store.playstation.com) and i have been playing with it for a bit.

The first thing I did was login with my PS3 PSNetwork Account, and was perfectly greeted. Then I noticed in the options that I could activate my PSP to get the goodies from the web. I downloaded the program (The PSNDownloader [PSNDownloaderSetup.exe]) And installed it.

I have a 3.52 M33 v4, and while I was downloading it, I realized that it needed the 3.70 version at least, so I then put my PSP to charge to do the upgrade (still charging atm). I then downloaded the Activation & Deactivation files, and saved them to my HDD. To make time, i opened them, and found that its quite simple files:

activate.xpd

[Register or Login to view code]

And then i opened the other one

deactivate.xpd

So... I found that:

So, weird. It must call an internet page, that if you poen it in the browser (normal), says that doesnt exist, so it might POST, ort something.

The T2 i think its a time server.

Also, i got the file (Yeah, the cake here) for the MGS demo, and saw this!!

So, I now have to buy a game, to see if this is still ecual, and, if it is, we could do some magic, like in ps3 store!!

When i put on 3.71 ill continue the investigations.

Please, if YOU find something, CONTRIBUTE!!

Ytifle, for PS3News, on 11/21/07

Ok, so i updated, and when I installed MGS, i just could reach the menu, and i dont know if this is for the demo (just 7 mb big) or something else.

Anyway its proven not to brick your console or anything.