Update: It's now released! Downloads: PSP Firmware 6.0 (US) / PSP Firmware 6.0 (EU)
Just over a week ago we saw a preview of PSP Firmware 6.0 for developers.
According to Allison Walter on the official PlayStation Blog, the update is scheduled to arrive on September 10, 2009... which means it should hit the PSP Updater later tonight.
To quote: "What is going to happen is that Sony is going to republish the Badman demo 10 September. By that time, I’m told, Firmware 6.0 will have been released. Sorry about the delay."
Until then, below is a brief changelog for the update:
- PlayStation Store Games can now be grouped and displayed in folders based on their expiration date under [GAME]
- Importing of playlists from the Media Go! applications is now supported under Music
- Under [Settings] - [Network Update] has been changed to [System Update]
- The number of Colors that can be selected under [Settings] > [Theme Settings] has been increased
- In [Display Panel Close Options] under [Settings] > [System Settings], the design for the [Standard] option has been changed
- The PSP Go! system can now connect to the Internet via a Bluetooth modem such as a mobile phone
Here is the 'official' PS3 Firmware 6.0 changelog:
- For those of you looking to customize your XMB (XrossMediaBar), a few new colors will be added under the Theme Settings. These new theme colors can be used on PSP models 2000 or after (PSP-2000, 3000 and N1000).
- A security patch has been added.
- [Network Update] has been renamed as [System Update].
More PlayStation 3 News...