PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-D is Now Available
PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-D is now live! Only for PSP 1000 and PSP-2000 V1 and V2.
Download: PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-D
- All features of 5.50GEN-B2 are avaible
- Ability to run 5.51 + games without having to patch it (UMD or ISO)
- Possibility to launch PSN demos requiring 5.51 + without having to patch them (as MGS for example)
- Possibility to connect to the Playstation Store by the using of MEDIAGO, to retrieve games and goodies without having to install Fake USB or other complicated stuff.
- Possibility to use the XGEN Updater to install the official firmware
- 6.10 (use it only if you have a Pandora XGEN to be able to return later in Custom firmware)
- 480x272 AVC Videos are supported
- Option to accelerate the reading of MS is going to be ported to 5.50GEN
More PlayStation 3 News...
this might be a nobe question. if I've bought a new PSP 2000 (if it's still in stores), do i have to just download this file and install it on the PSP to be able for example play FF7. because my PSP 1000 just broke and I'm wondering is it still easy to do it on 2000's as it was on 1000's.
Y2King, you need ChickHEN R2, CFW 5.00 m33-6, GEN-A*, GEN-B and GEN-D.
You must have OFW 5.03 for this to work.
in order to do this on a PSP 2000 you need to install all the above. Then load up ChickHEN R2, then load up 5.00 m33-6 then load GEN-A. Then you need to update to GEN-B then update to GEN-D.
*IMPORTANT: make sure you have the correct version of GEN-A. There is a version for V3+ motherboard and a version for the V1/V2 motherboard. If you do not get the correct on you WILL brick your PSP.
Side Note: If you were using ChickHEN R2 and Custom Firmware Enabler V 3.6 you must run Hellcat's recovery flasher. (something that I had to do)
If you don't understand, google is your friend.
sucks that i have to redo all my settings again like remote play and network connections... other than that good job guys and thanks! now if only remote play would work again from via internet...
5.50 GEN-D2 is coming soon according to their forums. Here is the information given:
This is definitely a noob question. How do I know what PSP I have? (PSP 1000, 2000, etc.)
I am a owner of a PSP and a PS3. What's the deal with the connection between these two game consoles?
They both have wi-fi, right?
Is it possible to stream video through 'em?
i also Upgraded from m33-6, works like a charm