PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!


 
 
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    743
    You wont regret getting the psp its great, and another thing that 256 might not be enough for all backups, but will be fine for movies and mp3.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    15
    You can try buying a used one from a game store so you can see that it is a 1.5 version firmware first. It'll also save you about $50, that's what my girlfriend did. Or you could try to get one from Target and save 10% by signing up for a credit card there. You don't actually have to use the card, you just have to sign up. Just suggesting this since it sounds like you're on a tight budget.

    -Matt

  3. #13
    its late and i just woke up in the middle of the night thinking bout this psp. I cant wait to get it now. does it have to be a 1.5 version?

  4. #14
    To be able to run homebrew it needs to be a 1.5. Anything higher doesn't work.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by seminolecounty
    its late and i just woke up in the middle of the night thinking bout this psp. I cant wait to get it now. does it have to be a 1.5 version?
    I was doing the same thing. And that was like, 2 days before PsP-Dev announced swaploit.

  6. #16
    ok its finally morning, im gonna go to wal mart to get it. Where do i have to look to find out its 1.5? do i ask the lady or something? Or does it say somewhere on the box? (i know its a stupid question, but i dont want to purchase the wrong one)

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by seminolecounty
    ok its finally morning, im gonna go to wal mart to get it. Where do i have to look to find out its 1.5? do i ask the lady or something? Or does it say somewhere on the box? (i know its a stupid question, but i dont want to purchase the wrong one)
    Check out the PSP FW Identifier Based on Box thread.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    72
    MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE thats its a 1.0 or a 1.50 (1.5 same thing) firmware version or else you wont be able to run ripped umds or emulators or things like that. if you are buying it from walmart chances are its not a 1.0 or 1.5, its a 1.51 or a 1.52. if u get one of them you are SOL for now, until they find out how to run homebrew off of them (which can take months, but it'l happen eventually).

    and the psp was worth every penny. i probobly would have paid more for it at the time if i had known the dev community would have modded the CPU (or brains ) out of it already.

    have fun and welcome to the community!

  9. #19
    ok i just bought it. I didnt see any letters on the box so i just took and chance. Now how can i tell if its a 1.5?

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by seminolecounty
    ok i just bought it. I didnt see any letters on the box so i just took and chance. Now how can i tell if its a 1.5?
    Go to System Settings, click X then go all the way down to System Infromation. Click X and it should say System Software: Version 1.50 if you have a 1.5 PSP.

 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

 
 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •