Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

X3 Dongle not recongized help?

So I just got my X3 Jailbreak Dongle and went out and bought me a 4GB Micro SDHC card. I opened the unit and inserted the card, but when connecting it to my Computer it is not being recognized as a removable media device... It is not the Micro card because I have two of them and both are not being recognized.

The Dongle its self works fine with XTools and it flashes .bin, and .hex files. I just can't get it to show up to put .pkg files on it...

Any help is appreciated.

I think there's a switch on the board, that you have to flip before it can read from the microSD

I'm pretty sure you have to use a flash drive for .pkg's. I'm not sure if x3Jailbreak has the ability to store pkg's and whatnot so... I'd say just bust out your old flash drive.

No its a second gen modchip and also have a 128MB on board flash. They say its for large fw but i'm guess they want to be future proof if a cfw will be able. You then would be able to place your hacked files onto the nand and load it live into the ram.

I think that katnegermis will be right. The chip will need a switch or it change automaticly to the sd card port if the exploit was successful executed.

So I can use the X3 dongle to run the exploit and then use a regular USB flash drive to run the .pkg files?