Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

What sort of tools a current PS3 owner needs?

Hi,

I'm an OSX software developer and in the past I've written a multi-purpose tool called Gumby (which had several PS2 functions as part of it's arsenal).

I have re-started work on a new version of my app and have started writing code for Nintendo Wii's and Xbox 360's (patching, verification, burning, video conversion, etc...).

I plan to get a PS3 in September and was wonder what sort of tools a current PS3 owner would need (video conversion? image patching?). Back in the PS2 era, one of the tools needed by people was a PAL/NTSC patcher (for example).

Since I don't currently own a PS3, I'm the ultimate newbie. I plan to buy a machine to test my code and make sure it works 100%.

So what would an OSX PS3 owner most want to see in a free utility?

Suggestions welcomed.

Since you're basically looking for suggestions from current PS3 owners I updated the title and added a little Poll icon for ya. If I think of any myself, I will reply here also.. and welcome aboard trebort!

Thank you. I'll try my best to take in any suggestion and code the tools that are needed the best way I can.

if you can write driver on osx using PxVC1100 it a cool ~