PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

[UnAnswered] Video Playback Question

So in all the previews of the PS3 it shows thumbnail playback of videos when you're looking at them in the XMB. I added a bunch of MPG4-AVC files to the harddisk, but the PS3 doesn't show that cool thumbnail preview. What's the deal? Does it only do that for certain video formats or do I have to change the playback settings?

I've had the same thing happen to me. Some of the videos I've saved didn't have the thumbnail but some did. I just figured it was the formate or how it was encoded, so I just end up making the thumbnail for the few that are mission it.

Which file formats are the ones that show thumbnail previews for you? And how do you make thumbnails for the PS3?

what u need to do is hit triangle while u are watching a vid and choose create icon or change icon when u confirm it will make the icon the next 15 seconds of film after u have choose to create it.

none of my imported vids have ever had a thumnail file, i think i remember pspvideo 9 having an option to add ur own thumbs but not sure about ps3video 9

+ Reply to Thread