Use an iPhone/iPod Touch as a bluetooth keyboard on ps3?
do you think its possible? like with an custom made app or something?
i can't get it to work because the PS3 just doesnt wanna find my iPod Touch
It can't work that way.. With a jailbroken ipod you can use a bluetooth keyboard but not use the ipod as a keyboard (except a wifi client server setup). It would be nice though.
i managed to get my ipod connected to my ps3 and use it as a microphone at least. i guess it could be possible but would require a certain hack or app on the ipods part
doubtful to happen, tho i'm %100 sure its possible now that i know it picks up my ipod as a microphone, so a keyboard shouldnt be out of the question.. even a mouse should work.
i tried it before, it won't work if you find a new way please post it..
- i turned bluetooth on, on my iPod Touch 2G 3.1.2 and stayed on the bluetooth searching screen
- on my ps3 i went to settings > accesories > manage bluetooth devices > start scanning
- it should pick up your iPod/iPhone and then choose it, for the passcode you HAVE to use 0000 (thats the only one that worked for me) and then type it in on your iPod/iPhone when it comes up. pair etc.
- it should of listed your iPod/iphone as an audio device
- go to audio device in accesories on your ps3
- choose your iPod/iPhone as a microphone
- you're set
An iPod wont work as a microphone since it doesnt have a voice recorder, unless you get one of those headphones that come with a voice recorder that you can plug in and use.. an iPhone will work tho.
will this method work on a normal phone?
oh ok.. gonna try my sony ericson but one more thing when i connect my dads iphone the ps3 wont recongnise the iphone. It doesn't come up on the ps3. do you know why?
It depends what iphone it is, if its the 1st iphone then that one doesn't have bluetooth.
If its 3g or 3gs then it might need to be jailbroken and have btstack installed.