Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Unhappy Upgrade to any fw (8002F2C5 or 8002F225) help?

Yesterday, I tried change idps by flashing new nor with new idps. First I backup nor bin by multiman in Rogero 4.40 and downgrade to 3.55 to get eid_root_key. After that I use IDPS changer to create new nor bin and flash with it by multiman.

When I reset PS3 and it say I need upgrade fw 3.55 or higher and can't boot to xmb. But I tried every fw still say error "The data is corrupt (8002F2C5)" or "The data is corrupt (8002F225)". I can go to Recovery Menu and tried all options but no luck.

Can anyone help me?

I would guess that now you need proper flasher.

Hey, try another Harddisk or format the original HD in a PC and put it back in your PS3 and try to install OFW 3.55 from Recovery Menu.

If you get the same error try a Downgrade Stick (E3 or so) to go in the FSM Mode and use the Downgrade files with lvdiag and a Downgrade.pup for same or lower FW (DONT try a higher FW!!!)

If that don't work you need a Hardware flasher (if you have a good Dump), already described above, for NOR. Teensy or Progskeet works great.

Hope can help.