I recently purchased the MGS4 bundle and was thinking of turning the PS3 into a media center (movies and etc). Thinking of picking up a sound system to finally hear the big fuss over 7.1 LPCM.
1. What file system type does the internal PS3 hard drive use?
2. Does the cable fall out easily (the end thats inside the PS3) if I replace the 2.5" internal HD with a 3.5" HD that will sit outside of the PS3.
3. Is it possible to transfer ripped hd movies from PC to PS3 HD over network and what program should I use? Is there a file size limit to that? As in a limit to how big a single media file size can be.
4. What would be a good program to convert my anime/movies (mkv, avi and etc.) into PS3 supported formats?
5. Which OS is better at video playback: Ubuntu (with media player) or PS3 default OS?