Transformers backup question?

Just bought Transformers War for Cybertron. Checked the game compatibility list and someone listed it as functional with the JB.

I'm running a fat PS3 with a 500gb internal, Hermes PSGroove on a Teensy++2.0, and the original BackupManager. The game backs up successfully but I just get a black screen when I try to play it. It doesn't completely lock the PS3 as I can exit it thru the XMB. Anyone have any insight?

I noticed on the game compatibility list that it says some files must be deleted. What is this referring to?

Thanks all.

You can try checking the game data menu (under game) for a previous installation of Transformers and delete that. The same also happened to my backup of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift and it worked after I deleted the installed updates located in that folder.

Hope this helps.

There was a file in the Game Data folder. It was only around 1kb. I deleted it. Still no go.

Well it's working now. Before I was using the original BackupManager and Hermes v1 on my Teensy. Well I switched back to the PSGroove 1.1 and installed OpenManager 1.13 in order to get F1 2010 to work. After successfully doing that, I went and tried Transformers again and it worked! Whoopee!....but I have no clue why it wouldn't work in the first place...