Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Transfer data between PS3 HDs?

I've bought a larger HD and want to transfer all my content from my old PS3 HD to my new one. I understand that the PS3 backup utility allows me to do this however, I need an external HD or flashdrive to backup my data as it won't allow me to back up and restore the data on my new HD.

The problem is I don't have an external HD/USB stick that's 60gb. How can I transfer the content from my old HD to my new one without needing an external drive?

Thanks

Your question does present some problems for you, do you have 2 ps3's, you could try the data transfer utility feature using a ethernet cord plugged into both of the ps3's but like i said you would need 2 ps3's.

You might want to consider buying a external HDD because they are very use full, I bought a omega 1 TB harddrive from Radio Shack for 60 dollars.

Unfortunately I do not. It's a shame I just can't backup the data directly to my HD, insert it in the PS3, and all the data be there.

Your problem can only be solved by using 2 ps3s with the data transfer utility OR buying an external drive.

I HIGHLY suggest going for the external drive option. It will also last you a long time if it's by Seagate or Western Digital.

Check newegg out for great deals. You can get a 2TB hard drive for under $100, and if you jailbreak you'll need all the space you can get!

Thanks for the answers guys