09-22-2012 #1gamerdfwm Guest
Stubborn PS3 CECHE Downgrade/FSM Issue help?
I'm working on downgrading a CECHE-01 that had 4.11 on it when I got it. I've been able to use my solderless Progskeet to obtain valid dumps. I've even gone as far as upgrading to 4.21 to validate that I can get back to 4.11.
I've used the old NAND downgrading guide with the 1patchcos.bin files as well as the ultimate guide that includes the NAND-patch files. With each method, I'm able to create my flash files and write them to the PS3. Entering factory service mode fails every time.
The PS3 reacts as expected when I turn it on. There's no video, and it soon turns off. I remove the power, do the power and eject trick, and it stays on for around 10 seconds before shutting off. When I put in my jailbreak device (PSP, iPod Mini, or Arduino) as indicated by the guides, it still shuts off around 10 seconds. After putting in my USB stick and turning on the PS3, it soon shuts itself off after 10 seconds again. My assumption is that I'm not entering FSM.
The PSP shows the proper challenge and response. The serial monitor on the Arduino goes from saying "Ready" to rapidly repeating "Re" until the PS3 shuts off. The iPod... well, it's not designed to tell me anything
Can anyone provide some guidance as to how I can resolve this issue and get into FSM? I've validated my flashes using the online guides and by doing extensive hex comparisons among original files, patched files, and the patches.
Thank you for your time and for all of the wonderful information already posted in other threads,
09-22-2012 #2niwakun Guest
first of all, you get nothing on PS3's screen when doing the FSM Downgrade. It should be done like this:
- dump nand to your computer (I highly advice that you do a multiple dumps and compare them, if you have same 3 multi dumps then youre ggood)
- patch nand to allow downgrade
- flash nand to your PS3
- boot ps3 for a while, you should get an error message, ignore it and turn of the console without pressing anything on the ps3 controller
- prepare your FSM (which is your PSP,) put it in the rightmost slot USB with anything none of other USB slots were plugged
- initiate power+eject. Console turns off. (if you tried to turn on your console, youre just stuck on blackscreen)
- now unplug your PS3 power for 15sec, then plug it in.
- prepare your USB drive with lv2diag step1 and the provided PS3UPDAT.PUP (the PUP is patched so you cant use any PUP beside the patched one)
- wait, it should take very very long, specially for NAND consoles. Took 15minutes or longer. Once done console's turns off. you can plug the USB drive on your PC and you will see a log that the downgrade is complete. else you done something wrong
- now delete anything on your usb flasdrive and place the lv2diag step2
- plug usb drive to ps3 in rightmost slot, turn on and console should turn off within less than 10seconds
- done, you're downgraded, now dehash your ps3 using rebug's QA tool. And install OFW 3.55 via recovery menu
- Once you're on OFW 3.55, you can now install any desired CFW you want.
09-22-2012 #3racer0018 Guest
Before writing anything to your ps3 you can post your dumps up and I can take a look at them. Verify all dumps before you write to the Ps3. Thanks
09-22-2012 #4gamerdfwm Guest
Thank you both for the responses.
niwakun, it's at step four when the process fails. When I turn on the ps3, it will shut off after a few seconds.
racer0018, thank you for your offer. I've upgraded to 4.21 and am now using that as my base. The dumps from the NANDs and the patched bins have been uploaded to: http://ul.to/yn70kbe9
Thank you again,
09-25-2012 #5gamerdfwm Guest
I bought another PS3 today, a CECHE with 3.70 on it. I'm getting the same issue with both machines. It's obviously something I'm doing wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.
After flashing, turning the machine on has the PS3 boot for a few seconds. The hard drive lights up momentarily, the card reader lights up for a split second, a click noise happens, then the machine shuts off. If I try to enter FSM, the PSP shows a challenge and response. If I try to use a USB drive after that, it goes through the same sequence I just mentioned before it shuts off. I have no clue what to do.
The answer was that it was not kicking into FSM. I upgraded to 5.50 GEN-D3 on my PSP-1000 and used PSP Jig 1.00 (not nabnab's). After several attempts, it finally went into FSM. The only way I knew was by the fact that the LED on the USB drive started flashing. A few moments later, the downgrade was finished.
Definitely double and triple check your jig. It was r0kk0z80's post in this thread that helped me figure this last part out.
- Join Date
- Apr 2005