Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Strange PS3 dvd region error help?

i was trying to edit a system file to make it region free but no success. Then i restored it to original state.

Then (i never watched a dvd on my JB since i JB it), it loaded a dvd in JB mode and it gave region code error for wrong region, but then i rebooted in normaled mode and i booted dvd and it booted just fine, then i JB again and again wrong region code, anybody had this before.

Kinda strange that no jb dvd plays fine and with JB it doesnt play.

I like to hear what you people think.

Did this start only start happening after you tried to edit the file?

That i don't know, since i have the jailbreak i didnt play any dvd or bluray since i stream all of my media to ps3.

So i have no clue why in normal mode it will play and in jb not, i replaced the original file back so that shouldn't be a problem in my opinion.

It's always been like that for me since I got the USB dongle, I always got the "region code" error while trying to play any dvd, if booting in jb mode.

I assumed it was like that for everyone.

Ah ok so its normal, since i never used a dvd since i had the dongle.

i have never been able to play DVD's While in JB mode!!! everytime i do i loads not what ever game i selected previously.

I think it has something to do with the emulation of the game [via the managers]

Did you load a game previous to that or just - Turn on, JBMODE and try a DVD? [Without using any managers?]