I bought a 40Gb fat console with firmware 2.76 (stock - not downgraded to this version)
Here are my questions:
1. Can the 2.76 console just be updated straight away to any CFW (for example latest Rebug version), or do i need to update to OFW 3.55, then update again to CFW 3.55?
2. Can the update(s) be carried out from the XMB menu or does it have to be in the recovery?
3. Which CFW is considered the best (seems to be Rebug)
4. I won't be going online to play (using Xbox One for MP). I'll still want to FTP data from my laptop to console - which FTP client is the best?
5. How can I prevent banning? from what I can remember from years ago you could change some network settings to disable sony servers from accessing your console to check firmware yet still have network access to FTP. How do you sign in a profile offline. I'm not bothered about trophies
6 .Are there any homebrew/apps that are considered essential/recommended, and which are the best emulators (such as which SNES is the best)?