Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Some Questions About PS3 Slims help?

I just recently bought one so I can play games I buy that require new firmware. On with my questions:

Added fans have made play time a non-issue with my fat. What's the longest amount of time I should play for?

Do all the slims have wifi?

Do I need to update sequentially? I presume no, since each update is larger than the last. I want to be sure though.

Thanks to whoever answers me.

1 - Slims run much cooler, I'll let someone else chime in on play time, but I wouldn't play for over 3 hours without taking a break, at the very least to go for a walk, don't need you dying from health issues related to not moving!

2 - Yes, they do

3 - No, every update is inclusive of the old ones, so you could in theory, go from 1.00 right to 3.65 without any issue (not on a slim, it started around ~2.70 but you get the idea)

Walking around isn't much of an option where I live, unless I want to choke on dust. Thanks for answering my questions. I'll wait to close this until after I get a little more input on play time.

I don't think there's ever been an instance of the heat related YLOD on slims, I've never come across one anyway.

Did you mean the PS3 FAT will get easily HOT and YLOD if we play more than 3hrs ?

I worry as I been playing games and testing my transfer games for more than 3hrs..
    The longest i been on my ps3 was 4hrs 30mns

Hopefully everything is FINE..

I've played my Slim for 8+ hours (much to the detriment of my health as CJPC noted ) without any issues. They don't get hot like the Fats do, so it will last longer than any play session you can endure.

a few years back i played my fat 40 gig for 36+hours straight (after using amphetamines)and all was fine.. it doesn't overheat, touch wood, and since i've put a 500gbyte hdd it runs even cooler never had extra fan or mod of any kind... probably cooler than my slim 320gbyte.. i play nearly every day for between 2 to 10 hours (being single sucks)

oh and i move to go to the fridge and to the toilet and to drive to the chemist everyday.. LOL

What do you need from the chemist everyday? Is it a legal chemist or some guy that stays a couple of blocks away?

His amphetamines of course!

The guy in you avatar looks like he could use some.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last