I have been working with PCs and networks for many years but I am a complete noob to the PS3. I have just bought an 80GB model and am now just starting to realise that I can do more with it then play games and watch BluRay movies. So I have a few questions
- The first thing I did after hooking it up to my Wi-Fi net was to upgrade the firmware to 2.6 Was this a wise move? If not, is there anything that can be done?
- Can I read and write to a Windows Network share as I run a SBS 2003 server with most of my media on? I'm guessing I now need to install Linux of some kind. I don't think streaming HD movies/programs would be too good over Wi-Fi (I will install ethernet soon), but I could copy them to the PS3 and play direct I guess.
- Can I view the PS3 drive from a network PC?
- I have a lot of MKV files stored on my server. Can I play these on the PS3? (I have just seen a thread entitled MKV2PS3 - so I guess this is a a start)
- Can backup game disks and play without the original disk installed?
Is there anything I should look at immediately?
Can you edit posts here?