Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

skip bd drive check in psgroove?

ok this is gonna sound stoopid but i have a ps3 i bought off a guy for 80 bucks, he said the bluray was bad but when i swapped that drive to another ps3 and swapped the boards the drive worked fine, but when i put it back in the one it came out of with the board that came off of it it doesn't work.

i think he may have swapped the whole drive and neglected to swap the boards... question is how do i get ftp server or open manager or anything else to work without the bd drive being recognized? Is there a way to bypass the device check when psgroove loads?

when i try to start either ftp servers or bm's the screen flashes then sits at black screen and everything is unresponsive-power button, ps button, eject, nothing works- so i have to hard reset. i'm using the ti84 port and have tried several versions/payloads and nothing so far. thanks in advanced.

It could be the board that's bad and not the drive. I know that's the case with mine. Drive works fine in another ps3 with another board. I've even replaced an IC that people say causes the issue but mine is still a no-go.

You could try replacing it, but I didn't have any luck.

kool, thanks for the info. i'll def. look into that when i get off work this evening.

does the new chip have to be programmed with anything to work?

i'm having a ps3 that doesn't have a BR drive and no controller board... on FW 2.60 and i couldn't update at all, so i think this problem will maybe be resolved when the PS3 is fully hacked with lv1 access and a CFW...

who knows what we could do in a few weeks/months... mwe could even put any BR Drive with any controller board maybe some day. But for now i think it's not possible.