Sponsored Links

PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] SAK on new PS3?

Sponsored Links
    OK, just bought a PS3, for 3 reasons:

- play MotorStorm & GT5
    - play BD's
    - backup BD's using SAK.

So, the first 2 are satisfied. However, and I have been trawling through hundreds of different forum threads the last 2 weeks, am I to assume that on a new PS3, I cannot use the OtherOS option, and therefore install SAK, and ultimately backup my own BD's ?

That was a deciding factor in getting this beauty.
    Best Answer - Posted by PS4 News:

Quote Originally Posted by poinsy View Post
    I have been trawling through hundreds of different forum threads the last 2 weeks, am I to assume that on a new PS3, I cannot use the OtherOS option, and therefore install SAK, and ultimately backup my own BD's ?
    Correct, PS3 SAK uses OtherOS so consoles without it can't dump discs. However, you can use a PC Lite-On DH-401S drive to do it:

http://www.ps4news.com/playstation-3...s3-game-discs/

Cool

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by poinsy View Post
    I have been trawling through hundreds of different forum threads the last 2 weeks, am I to assume that on a new PS3, I cannot use the OtherOS option, and therefore install SAK, and ultimately backup my own BD's ?
    Correct, PS3 SAK uses OtherOS so consoles without it can't dump discs. However, you can use a PC Lite-On DH-401S drive to do it:

http://www.ps4news.com/playstation-3...s3-game-discs/

Thanks for the prompt response. Do you know if it is possible (I doubt it) to downgrade my firmware so I can use SAK?

Pre-2.20 FW you could downgrade them via Infectus Mod if you installed it and backed up your own PS3's flash, but since then it hasn't been possible unfortunately.

Oh well, nice try. Plan B...That Lite-On is rather expensive here (100), I may simply buy an internal PC BD reader and stick it in a USB caddy. This is less than half the cost.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Please Register at PS4News.com, Login or Activate Your Account to make comments on the PS4 News Forums. Thanks!

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS4 Downloads - PS4 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 4 News