Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Unhappy Sak bug.. Please help!

Hi,

I want to rip a blu ray over the network. So I created this folder d:\a on my pc. I activated "Share this folder on the network", "Allow network users to change my files" and made the share name "ps3".

In Sak I go on windows network sharing, I used the username and password from my pc login, the ip adress from my pc and as folder "ps3"

Now I get:

mount: Mounting //ip.adress/folder on /mnt/network failed: Network is unreachable
    Success, connection established with (ip-adress from pc)

Please Enter the Filename for this ISO (ie GameName.iso)

Label:

If I type in a labelname the Ps3 crashes.

Another thing: I get a leasefail error at the bootscreen and I have no IP in the menu.

Please help me. I tried over 1 week to fix this and now Iīm really frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by corn80 View Post
    Another thing: I get a leasefail error at the bootscreen and I have no IP in the menu.
    Yeah if you get a lease fail - it won't work. Ensure that your on a WIRED connection (wireless will not work), and give it another try.

I have tested other network options. Now I have an static ip and I have a wired network connection. The drive in the PS3 is formatted in ext3.

In the XMB the network connection is now fine and I get a ping. Is it possible that the drive in the pc must be fat32 formatted so that the PS3can read it in Sak over the network?

PS: The Thread-title was very dramatic. I was tired this time and I didnīt recognized that. Sorry

Yes. the receiving drive must be formatted either fat32 or ext3, NTFS is not supported.

Now I have formatted the drive in fat32, but I get leasefail again. The drive is the second in my pc without operating system. Could this be the mistake?

corn80

The Filesystem on your PC's drive does not matter - your best bet is to probably use an external USB drive, or dump it right to the PS3's internal drive, then copy it off that way.

I'll admit - SAK is old, and quite buggy. But, for code thats 4 years old that is still relevant - that's always a plus!

OK and if I get an leasefail without ip again, it should be fine if the external usbdrive ist fat32?

Will you release a higher version of sak?

Quote Originally Posted by corn80 View Post
    OK and if I get an leasefail without ip again, it should be fine if the external usbdrive ist fat32?

Will you release a higher version of sak?
    Well, the external drive should be either Fat32 or EXT3 - NTFS won't work. Back when I made it the NTFS drivers were still well, lacking for linux - they have gotten MUCH better lately.

Alas, considering the fact that any Game dumped with SAK is useless - probably will not issue a new version, as you can do the same thing with a base linux install!

OK, thank you.

corn80