Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Safely removing dev_fflash help?

How do I safely remove dev_fflash? I don't like this whole custom thing I installed by glitch.

well that was foolish, either restore a backup you obviously didn't bother making or use the downgrade method to reinstall your firmware and just hope you don't lose blu ray playback.

I made back ups of all the files I changed. But my question is can't I just delete the dev_fflash I made? I used FreeFlash v1.0 to create it. I don't know why I can't just delete it.

because it doesn't exist, its a linked mirror of dev_flash. if you delete it you'll delete dev_flash.

just restore your backups.

restart PS3 in Recovery Mode and reflash your current FW, no need for Factory/Service Mode, it'll return everything to normal, if on Slim do a HDD backup from system menu first.

What if I just keep it and fix the things that annoyed me which I backed up?

then the gods will smile upon you for all of your days.

Quote Originally Posted by KerKid View Post
    What if I just keep it and fix the things that annoyed me which I backed up?
    That would work just as well, you could remove the stuff that annoys you, and replace it with your backups.