09-21-2010 #1delt31 Guest
Resistance Fall of Man Update Question
Considering that Resistance requires the user to log into the net to download the game update (for rumble) I can't sniff it out using the proxy program. Therefore does anyone else know of a way to download it without having someone send it to me from their HD?
thanks! would love rumble in the campaign.
09-21-2010 #2Pcsx2006 Guest
Sorry but you can't download any updates without logging in to PSN.
This might help you? http://www.ps4news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post309313
You can also search here...
09-21-2010 #3IHM Guest
I thought resistance did not work?
09-21-2010 #4delt31 Guest
thanks but those links only contain Resistance 2... doh!
09-21-2010 #5EiKii Guest
i get to download updates and i don't even have an psn account on my jb ps3, so yes you can download
what program can i sniff the updates with and download them to my pc? is it possible?
09-21-2010 #6tragedy Guest
09-21-2010 #7delt31 Guest
Please clarify - thanks!
09-22-2010 #8grudge1981 Guest
I don't know about resistance really but i know with many other games if you are not signed into psn because you didn't update, your system can still connect to the internet, and there is and update available you will be told of so and asked to update the game, only the game not the system, i have done this a couple times with my offline system.
with other games you can get the patches somewhere online (hopefully) and install them like so:
1. Unzip file "Lair.Game.Patch.zip"
2. Copy the entire unzipped folder "00000938" via FTP to your PS3 into "/dev_hdd0/vsh/task/"
3. Power down your PS3 and disconnect your Jailbreak USB Device
4. Reboot PS3 (without the jailbreak)
5. Goto GAME menu
6. Select menuitem "Install Demo (www.XXXXXXXXXXXXX.xx)" and start it
7. When the install is finished, power down your PS3 and reconnect your Jailbreak USB device
8. Reboot PS3 with Jailbreak
9. Play updated game via Backup Manager
dunno how many games this can be done with but i've seen a few updates floating around here or there...
09-22-2010 #9delt31 Guest
Thanks for the help! I'm pretty sure the resistance patch would work fine but the problem is I can't find it anywhere online!