Hi! I'm a first time user of this forum and new to PS3. I have just purchased a used PS3. From the seller I didn't get any information from it other than that it had CFW. Later, from the splash screen I discovered that the PS3 has PS3ITA CFW. Whatever that means?!?Sponsored Links
After getting familiar with the PS3 I have discovered more facts about my console:
- Playstation 3 Phat CECHG04 (region 04, Europe / Middle East / Africa), released october 2007), NAND (Negated AND gate) memory: 256 MB (2*128 MB Samsung NAND chips), 80 GB internal hdd
- System firmware (from XMB): Version 4.31
- Custom Firmware (CFW) information from start up splash screen: ps3ita
- PS3 system firmware info from multiMAN): Firmware 4.21 DEX [BD-ROM EMULATOR]
- multiMAN version: 04.40.00 BASE DEX (20130602)
I have two questions:
1) With my PS3 setup, what is the recommended procedure to replace the 80GB hdd with a new 1TB disk? FYI, I have already tried, but when I backup disc from mM the backuped up files end up in the wrong directory and I am not able to move the game to the GAMES folder (write permission?).
2) I want to upgrade to the latest and best CFW. I have already tried upgrading to Rebug 4.30.2 D-REX but the process returned and error: An error has occured (8002F957). Why am I not able to upgrade from ps3ita to rebug?