Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

ash x Guest

Reduce size of backups?

I want to delete unnecessary folders in my backups to save space. I know there is an update file and extra languages which I do not need. Where are these folders located, and are there any other files I can delete to save space? The backups are already on my PS3, so rather than having to copy to my PC and then run the PS3 game ripper application, I want to delete the folders on the PS3 via ftp.

GrandpaHomer Guest
    Well - as you've already said - Update forlder will save you 256 MB on each game plus any extra languahe file you don't need - but those are game specific so tehre is not much general rule - you'd jsut need to browse the folders and look for English / Spanish / Gernan etc. named files. You can also remove soem bonus movies form plenty of games, demo or theme install folders and so on.

Luckluka Guest
    Thats easy!

First, FTP to your ps3

Goto dev_hdd0/game/ID-OF-YOUR-BM/GAMEZ/ID-OF-GAME

Ok now, delete the PS3_UPDATE folder
    goto ps3_Game, and delete unneeded stuff in folders. Infamous for example has a folder called "lang", but you cant just delete the names. You need to create a 0byte dummy file and replace it, otherwise it crashes.