Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Question PSX and PS2 backups on PS3 multiman 02.07.01 help?

I have 200 + backup ps2 games for my ps2, but can someone please tell me why the feature to backup psx and ps2 games was built into multiman. Wouldn't i still have to copy the game to an external drive, then burn a dvd through my p.c. With the said external connected??

dont really know.. you probably cant play burnt discs without disc magic or whatever n ps1 games work on some cfw

Thanx , but deank or anybody really hasn't explained the value of this function yet.

You need cobra payload, multiman the only thing he does is rip psx-ps2 games and mount, but no cobra payload , no play.

I think it's more of a future-proofing, kitchen sink approach. Those games can be dumped by any DVD drive, really, so why not claim it as a capability? You can conveniently backup your games and play them with a Cobra dongle without needing to use a PC. Until a good emulator comes along for everybody, it's 'just there'.