PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

PSN Game Splitting help?

i have downloaded resident evil code venorica x psn version with its crack the pkg size is about 4.8 gb when i try to copy it into my usb drive that has a capacity of 8gb it give me an error file is too large for the destination drive.

can anyone tell me how do i copy this file into my usb and then install it on my ps3 the file system of my usb is fat32?

fat32 does not allow for files over 4gb... you will have to split it in 2... use pkgsplit or other pkg splitter have a look at aldostools i think there is pkg split built into that... remember FAT32 DOES NOT ALLOW FILES OVER 4GB... good luck

i have use the ps3 splitter to split the file but when i try to install it it give me an error and the whole installtion process just roll back any body pls help me on this game

The simplest way to install a file over 4gb. Use ps3splitter by karmian to first split the file. Put the split files in a FOLDER (name the folder whatever you want) Place the folder on a USB. Start mmOS Filemanager on PS3. Copy the entire folder to dev_hdd0/packages. Once copied there, Multiman will have joined the File.

Now go to dev_hdd0/packages and install the file in that FOLDER (it should now be one big pkg file)

Then you can delete that folder from dev_hdd0/packages

thanks a lot i'll give it a try then let you know

it only works if you are using rebug and its package manager. ps3 will not look by default into this folder. the default installation folder where a pkg is downloaded and installed for example is under dev_hdd0/tmp i think, but that i am not sure.

have to correct: i think it is dev_hdd0/tmp/np_pkg

on the other hand you can doubleclick pkg in mm and it will be queried to install from xmb. but this never has worked for me

Multiman pkg locations

* Upon launch/refresh the following folders are scanned:
    /dev_usb***/
    /dev_usb***/PKG
    /dev_usb***/packages
    /dev_hdd0/PKG
    /dev_hdd0/packages

Works with Rogero as I have done it many times.

Closed Thread