PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

Closed Thread

[Answered] ps3 updates help?

Our ps3 has recenty stopped recognizing any games or movies in the system. It won't even allow me to do an update on the system. When I called sony they advised me to download the update from their website and transfer to a flash drive, then to my ps3. I found the download, but my computer will not open the file because it is a pup file. I am clueless as how to proceed... I have googled it but haven't found anything that helped. Can anyone help me to open this file and get it transfered to my ps3 properly? thanks!!
    Best Answer - Posted by CJPC:

You do not have to open the file at all, just copy it on a flash drive in the directories PS3/UPDATE.

So, if you are using windows, and your flash drive is "E:", it will be:

E:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP

If you do not have the folders PS3, or UPDATE inside of it - you need to simply create them.

You do not have to open the file at all, just copy it on a flash drive in the directories PS3/UPDATE.

So, if you are using windows, and your flash drive is "E:", it will be:

E:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP

If you do not have the folders PS3, or UPDATE inside of it - you need to simply create them.