Thread: PS3 Slim demo questions help?
PS3 Slim demo questions help?
I bought a PS3 Demo Unit and had a few question for you guys. I found this thread: http://www.ps4news.com/forums/ps3-cf...ow-118999.html which is the one I plan to use.
1. Can I use PS3 Update from sony?
2. Do unlock codes work still?
3. Should I use Custom Firmware will it unlocked demo unit?
4. Is the serial number on console void (because its a demo unit)?
5. If I use Custom Firmware can I enable store use?
Could someone wise please help?
10-17-2012 #2Banned User
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
I'm far from being wise but here goes.
it would appear you have a shop demo unit and would like to turn it into a standard retail unit (Cex). if thats the case then i believe these are the answers.
1 after you convert to retail unit if you update to any official fw above 3.55 you would permanently have a retail unit.
3 probably best only using 3.55 or below (cfw or ofw) just incase you want to revert back to demo.
4 does the serial number have any importance.
5 if use rogero latest cfw psn is available.
im not 100% sure on these answer, but im sure some of the smart people here will correct this if wrong.