Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Question Ps3 SDK Logicboard ?

Was talking to a friend today bout the ps3 and he came up with this. its just a idea so here it goes.

Take apart the SDK model, take high resolution photos of the Logicboard. Work out what all the IC,s are.. Its possible that sony has put a extra IC on the SDK models, that retail consoles dont have. which the firmware that the SDK models run checks for. It may be simple to solder a chips to the retail console.

Hope i can get some light on this..

Well - we have. I suggest reading the News: http://www.ps4news.com/ps3-hacks-jailbreak/

Furthermore, inserting another chip will not help too much, there are still signatures on the firmware, etc - so that will be a bit difficult to accomplish.

Okay thanks been trying to get a answer to this... Thanks for reply.

No problem - of note however:

Between a TEST PS3, and a Retail PS3, there are no hardware differences, its all in the software.

A TOOL however - it's a different beast, HW is quite different, but similar on the same note!

Interesting, now is the hardware/software from for example old dev kits, and new dev kits different, also.

side question... i cant seem to find the irc chat lol.. could someone kindly point me into a direction.. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rav View Post
    interesting, now is the hardware/software from for example old dev kits, and new dev kits different, also.
    They are both similar (old and new) Test and Retail models - however the OLD TOOL (1000A) and the new TOOL (1400A) - are totally different!

Quote Originally Posted by Rav View Post
    side question... i cant seem to find the irc chat lol.. could someone kindly point me into a direction.. thanks
    It was closed a few months ago (for the second time) due to a lack of interest... so now only a private IRC channel remains for the Devs.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    They are both similar (old and new) Test and Retail models - however the OLD TOOL (1000A) and the new TOOL (1400A) - are totally different!
    Does that have anything to do with the slim models of ps3.. since there is no other os feature.. figure they might make a new sdk for it.. sorry bout these questions im just very curious.. and i love the tech part of things thanks again...

Well, did not mean that. A quick rundown:

CECHA-P (the fat models) are equivalent to the DECHA/DECHJ models (60/40gb)

Then, there are the CECH-2000 (slim) models, which have their own DECH equivalent.

Those are Debug units.

Then, there are TOOL units, the DECR-1000 and the DECR-1400. the DECR-1000 is the giant PS3 TOOL, while the DECR-1400 is basically a DECHA model, with a new CPU, and additional ram - quite undesirable actually!