Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Thread: PS3 RSOD help

abel1982 Guest

Unhappy PS3 RSOD help

Big problem here, i have a PS3 that showed the Red Screen of Death a month ago. I used the recovery console, format the drive and problem solved.

1 week after i got the latest patch (3.01), RSOD appeared again, but this time only update option works, the other options are useless since the ps3 reboots and RSOD appears again. Btw... its a 80GB CECHL01 model.

I live in Peru so i have no warranty and sending the console to US is more expensive than buying a new one.
    Is there any way i can save that ps3?

Please , let me know.

jsimmons892 Guest

Lightbulb

you could format the hard drive from a computer by connecting it rather than through the ps3.

abel1982 Guest

rsod

Tried doing that, i even changed hard drives, nothing...

semitope Guest

Question

what happens when you boot without an hdd?

abel1982 Guest

rsod

Screen is black for a while, then i get a "theres no HDD, can't start" message.

Sifuud Guest

You might be Screwed?

If its a HDD problem, then you might have to get a new one. Never even once tried formatting or fixing a RSOD. See if you can access it through your PC, "IF" it works, backup all your files. Sorry this is all I could do for you, hopefully someone replies with some better advice.

Neo Cyrus Guest

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by abel1982 View Post
    Tried doing that, i even changed hard drives, nothing...
    This is kind of a stupid question but did you make sure the hard drive you put in was formatted as FAT32? NTFS won't work on a PS3.

Pcsx2006 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifuud View Post
    If its a HDD problem, then you might have to get a new one.
    He already mentioned that he tried a new one and it doesn't work.