So I am a noob with the PS3 but I've soft-modded my ps2, Xbox, wii, and PSP.Sponsored Links
I am going to purchase an already downgraded 3.55 ofw ps3 via ebay in the next couple of days and I have some clarification questions. I want to install a CFW and use it to play PS3 backups and PSN games and I don't care about PS2 BC. I also don't care about playing online, just want the single player experience. I have done some reading/research but there is still a lot I don't understand.
1. Are there certain models I should avoid that are less reliable? (YLoD?)
2. What is your recommended CFW branch? There are alot of 4.46 and a couple 4.53 CFW's out.
3. Should I stay off PSN? My fiance has a PSN+ account with a lot of games and I'd like to use it if it's safe, but I really don't want her account to get banned.
4. What is Cobra support? Do I need it?
5. Multiman is the best backup loader? Does it support USB HDD?
6. If I need to stay off PSN is there an alternate way to update games and apply DLC? IS this what a pkg is for?
7. As above is there an alternate method to install/use PSN only games?
I really appreciate the help and I apologize if any of these questions make you roll your eyes at my noob-ness.