Thread: PS3 newbie questions
PS3 newbie questions
Well hello, and i'm kinda new didn't even know i had an account here, well anyway now i wonder a few stuff cuz im confused!...
1) Is it possible to save your games that you own to your PS3 Console?
2) Earlier i saw that some dude called Paradox released a few games like Fight Night Round 3 and i'd like to play that game is that possible?
3) What does a ISO Loader do?
That's my questions i hope to get answers asap!
Thanks in advance yours -Moskis!!
You may be new, but that's no excuse - the search function is there for a reason.
I'm sure if you took the time to read you would have also noticed that you've posted your PS3 question in the PC support forum.
I'm sure if you looked in the PS3 Guides and Tutorials section you'd find a post that answers all your questions and more.
No i'm not a moderator anymore, but daft questions that have been answered millions of times before really annoy me.
(But I can't help being helpful anyway though - for shame)
Hehe you beat me to it PSPSwampy.. I was actually going to link him to that very thread. Great minds think alike, eh? +Rep!
I see you also moved his post into the correct forum! (Thought i was going nuts for a minute there)
Then i realised I'm already nuts, so couldn't possibly have been.
Gosh.. good support there guys! now could you answer my questions if you can take just 1 min of your life? i did search but found only the answer to "Backup games to the HDD then play" and that was NO! what about the other two?
Yep, that I did. You are no less sane than I am...
Moskis: Both questions 2 and 3 are the same thing... you are asking if it's possible to play PS3 iSO files found on the Internet with an iSO Loader. The answer is no, since no iSO Loader exists. When one does arrive, then hopefully you will be able to.
Regarding question #1: For games that support PS3 HDD installation you can install part of them there, but that's it. There is no "HDD Loader" for PS3 games yet... no way at all to play PS3 back-ups/copies.
1. No (with the exception of games that must be saved to the PS3 - i.e. one's you've bought from PSN)
2. No - these are just images in case an iso loader does ever get released. (which is unlikely at the moment as no security holes have been exploited yet)
3. Would load ISO images - but since there is no ISO Loader it's kinda irrelevant!!
I was asking what an iso loader was actually :P thanks for the info and i hope you can answer this question.
08-19-2009 #9Banned User
- Join Date
- Jan 2007
An iSO Loader is pretty self-explainatory... it loads iSOs. To break it down further though:
An iSO is an image of a game disc. A Loader is an application that will run what it is programmed to. So to form voltron, an iSO Loader would allow you to Load iSOs (images) of PS3 games... but one doesn't exist yet, so I may as well close this thread now.