Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

douglie007 Guest

PS3 locks up when trying to read External HDD help?

I am new on the PS3 hack scene, and I just found a 3.01 Demonstration 40GB PS3, got it to OFW 3.55 and then REBUG 4.46, now I backed up one game to my internal drive and it works ( but the drive is full) and then I added a 2.5 TB External drive made 500GB FAT 32, made the partition a primary one and added 4 games to the GAMES folder.

I can see the HDD as USB Device (Port 006) and can get into it on the file explorer but if I try to open the games folder the window closes MultiMan doesnt see any of the games on under games and if I try and browwse device under Retro it locks up the system... what am I missing ? is there some setting in to Rebug tool box I need to change or what ?

more info If I go to the GAMES properties in the file manager it says size: 0.00 GB and says Directories 4 Files :0 but on the PC it sees all of them... well I reformatted the drive now with guiformat and I can at least move Katamari over to the external one... will let myself know on this forum post if I got it

update to self Katamari played will try adding other games and some retrogames... the retroarch gives an error 80010017 but I can boot some in multiman.

niwakun Guest
    repartition your HDD and make a 1.99TB Fat32 active primary partition. the rest of the space can be created and use for other things but PS3 will not recognize it.