Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

PS3 Locking Up at Login help?

I had just started playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood using Hermes v4b and Gaia. The PS3 locked up.

Now everytime I boot, jailbroken or not the PS3 locks up almost immediately after I select the user.

I have tried. Rebooting. Removing cables. I unplugged my router and it didn't reboot. However, all icons under game just sat and spun for several minutes and never resolved into icons.

I tried reflashing the PS3 to 3.41 and now it locks up after login whether my router is plugged in or not.

Any ideas?

I had this problem before with assasins creed brotherhood. If this is the same thing it is because you may have tried to play the game without a disc in the drive. When you exit the game the xmb tries to bring up the disc icon for some reason then crashes and locks the ps3 in a startup/lockup cycle. If you enter the recovery menu, restore the ps3 from there. If I remember rightly though, you may have to format the hdd to cure this.

Soft reset didn't fix it. Hard reset fixed it. However, I lost all of my saves... It's not too bad, its a pretty new system.

I will know to do frequent backups in the future.